At Hemminger Law Group, we are experienced legal professionals. We get results for people who have been injured. We take a stand for our clients! We do not act for insurance companies. We only act for the injured.
When you first meet with a personal injury accident lawyer, you will want to know if they are the best legal advocate for your case. Here are some things you can ask them:
1. What is their expertise in this area of law? How long have they been practicin in this area? Do they have firm staff dedicated to personal injury matters?
2. Do they work for insurance companies too? Or do they just work with the Plaintiff's side? At Hemminger Law Group we believe it is important to ensure we are on the plaintiff's side. We do not work for insurance companies. Not ever.
3. You will also want to find out if the lawyer you are meeting with is a good fit for you? Are they trying to understand how you feel? Do they seem like they will care for you and what you are going through? If the lawyer you are meeting seems cold and uncaring, do not hire them. There are lots of lawyers out there who are warm and awesome at their job of representing clients.
4. Is the lawyer you are interviewing prepared for the interview? Do they have documents and information they can provide to you? Do they have documents prepared so that you can ask questions about them while you are there?
Although the best personal injury accident lawyers will come prepared to your interview, you can also help the process. We suggest you do the following to get the most out of your initial interview and out of all subsequent meetings with your lawyer:
1. Bring all of your documents and information. If you have receipts for out-of-pocket expenses, bring those. If you have your ICBC claim number already, bring that. If you have the information of the driver who hit you, bring that too. If you are off work because of the collision (or other accident), bring in your most recent pay stubs and any third party insurance information.
2. Write down any questions that you have.
3. Be ready to tell the lawyer everything that happened. Everything you tell your lawyer is confidential. For example, if you have a concern that something happened that will hurt your case, tell your lawyer about it and let them know right away. This way your lawyer can deal with it right away and assess your case.
When preparing to interview your potential personal injury accident lawyer, have the following documents and or information ready:
Your personal injury accident lawyer’s job is to attempt to get you as much compensation as possible. That is, they are trying to get as much money into your pocket as possible. The interesting thing is most personal injury accident lawyers are totally motivated to get you as much as possible because they are almost always paid by way of a contingency fee agreement (they get paid more when you get paid more).
A quick look at the ICBC claims landing page on the web shows us that ICBC wants injured people to deal only with them. They want you to stay away from hiring a lawyer. Why?
Hiring a motor vehicle accident lawyer is a very big decision. Come prepared to your initial interview with your potential lawyer with these questions in hand.
We often get the question asked: Do I need a lawyer for my ICBC Claim? This is our answer.
As the weather warms in Victoria, B.C. the incidents of bicycle accidents in Victoria increases.
If you have had a bicycle accident and it is not your fault, you may want to talk to a lawyer.
What happens when someone is a passenger on a bus and they have an injury while on the bus?
What is the real truth about the statistics and motorcycle accident victims. Some information you might find surprising. Or not.
Making sure the documents are right.
When you fall down and hurt yourself on someone else's property and its the owner or occupier of the property's fault.
When you may have a claim for injuries from ICBC.
Ask us at Hemminger Law Group how you can access the treatment you need now.
When you need a lawyer to assist you with securing damages for your claim.
When the motorcyclist meets the road.
A possible way to resolve your personal injury law suit and avoiding court at the same time.
Some things we should know.
A defendant has to take her victim as she finds them. Learn about the difference between the thin skull rule v. the crumbling skull rule.
Top 10 Mediation Tips for Making Sure You Get a Great Settlement
So you had your fall and you had your injury. Now it is time to settle.
Whose fault is it when a cyclist is in their bike lane but speeding and a motor vehicle hits them when turning right?
It is not that ICBC Adjusters are bad people, they are just doing their job. Their job includes representing the company they work for and not you, the injured party. Do not be fooled.
Return from personal injury